Re: [jakarta.ee-community] @DataSourceDefinition

I see.

But this approach seems like we are moving to an Uberjar future, and like others here in the discussion, like the thin wars approach and like that the Application server handles the infrastructure behind my application for me.

Of course that if this solution could be managed by application servers and be configurable in a standard way depending on developer needs (By annotations, yaml files, env variables, and things like this) while maintaining the thin wars approach, maybe this is the way we should follow. I think most of the use cases will be satisfied with a non programmatic way of flexibly define it's resources(DataSource, JMS, ...) definitions, while some other use cases, like in-house frameworks will benefit of the programmatic ways of controlling it's resources.