Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Application as Jakarta EE mascot

If that logo was owned by Eclipse like its own images, then of course Duke may not work so well.
I'm sure, Eclipse Foundation will be careful to use monkeys or apes right now for well known reasons ;-)

Werner

On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 5:56 PM, Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Duke unlike the "Java" or "Java EE" brands is free to use as long as you don't abuse him for crazy shit like an "AltRight Duke" or a "KKK Duke" (or a "David Duke" ;-)
> and somewhat related projects like JNoSQL or parts of Jakarta EE like JSON-Binding already got their Duke mascot. So if the umbrella even needs one, it may be based on duke. So far the umbrella is Glassfish which got its own logo anyway.

We’ve had this discussion before. Duke is not an option, for the simple reason that “free to use” and “own” are two very different things.

Jake’s application and blog post is pure comic genius. Thank you Markus for literally making me laugh out loud. No promises on Jake’s application, but very nicely done.