[jakarta.ee-community] JavaOne and EclipseCon Europe

Hi,

We brushed ECE and a planned Unconference in a different thread, but I wanted to point this out in a separate thread.

How many people noticed, that the largest Eclipse Conference, EclipseCon Europe in Ludwigsburg and the largest Java Conference, JavaOne are exactly in the same week this year?

https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2018/community
stated, ECE Unconference (on Jakarta EE among other things) will be on October 22, followed by ECE from Oct 23-25.

JavaOne 2018: https://www.oracle.com/javaone/index.html takes place the same week from October 22 till October 25.

Sounds like a busy week for Jakarta EE, MicroProfile or all others who plan to play on both sides ;-/

I think I'd stick to ECE then, as I have no JCP EC duty at JavaOne and should be in Central Europe or Germany anyway, so it is easier to reach, either for the main conference or Unconference.

Cheers,

Werner

Back to the top