[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [incquery-dev] Repository freeze: project merge
- From: ZoltÃn Ujhelyi <zoltan.ujhelyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 16:54:39 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AQHRYllNS86/SNe92Ea125oo+b24mJ8j8G6A
- Thread-topic: [incquery-dev] Repository freeze: project merge
some status report: the merge is on track, but requires some more time to be complete. The temporary repository  contains a sneak peak of the upcoming changes based on merging the repositories org.eclipse.incquery.git and org.eclipse.viatra.git. The plug-ins and test projects are mostly in place and renamed, but they are not yet versioned correctly (everything has its original version number), and work on features and releng stuff has not yet started.
However, if you could have a look at the structure to see what to expect after the merge is complete. We did some originally unplanned changes in project names as well (all recorded in the spreadsheet with the renaming details ):
* The plug-ins related to the VIATRA transformation API has been prefixed with âtransformationâ. This is in line with all the other components of VIATRA.
* The abstract view model generation transformation was also moved into the âtransformationâ category.
Furthermore, we have found that the EMF metamodel in the org.eclipse.incquery.xcore.model project is very strange: it refers to both the Xcore and the IncQuery PatternLanguage metamodel using relative paths that is very hard to handle correctly. We are thinking about how to support these projects alongside others, but our first priority is to have everything in a common repository and build correctly.
-- ZoltÃn Ujhelyi
Eclipse Technologies Expert
> On 08 Feb 2016, at 11:13, ZoltÃn Ujhelyi <zoltan.ujhelyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
> we are beginning to merge the codebase of EMF-IncQuery and VIATRA. Of the current versions I have started a milestone build for future reference (1.2.0M1 will be the version before the merging started).
> Build jobs will be turned off until everything works as expected; they will be reenabled on a case-by-case basis. Until further notice, please do not commit to either project repository.
> -- ZoltÃn Ujhelyi
> Eclipse Technologies Expert
> IncQueryLabs Ltd.
> incquery-dev mailing list
> To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit