[incquery-dev] Pattern Language Name voting

Hi all,

yesterday at the project meeting we could not decide whether/how we want to change the name/abbreviation/file extension for the query definition language of EMF-IncQuery, and we agreed that we will have a short vote on it.

Different aspects we might want to consider:
	• Do we want to emphasize that we have a pattern-based query language?
	• Do we want to emphasize that we have here an EMF-based query language?
	• How similar file extensions do we want to have with different query languages, such as the one provided in CEP (VEPL)?
	• Do we want to explicitly change the file extension to disallow users trying to mix the declaration of IncQuery projects; or do we want to have some level of compatibility with existing code?

Name options we have found:

	• VQP(L): VIATRA Query Pattern (Language) based on publications, where IQPL was used to refer to the language; original idea
	• VQ(L): VIATRA Query (Language) based on publications, where IQPL was used to refer to the language; incquery is replaced with VIATRA
	• EVQ: EMF Viatra Queries, as used in mvq for MPS, even though it is xml
	• EIQ: existing file extensions, no compatibility break for users

I have initialized a Doodle poll with these values:

http://doodle.com/poll/wzbgfwebb54rtwzb

Please review and vote as soon as possible; if you have comments, please share them.

Thanks,
Zoli
-- Zoltán Ujhelyi

Eclipse Technologies Expert