[incquery-dev] Model modification - local search vs RETE

Dear All,

Today I ran into a problem, which is worth mentioning. I was running all the School tests to see the new local search algorithm (not yet merged into master) performing. Except for the recursive patterns, all other tests but two were passing. The two failures were caused by unexpected matches.
The problem briefly: local search based matcher is not considered* about the EMF notifications, however RETE matcher is. This difference may result in different matching results, especially in cases when the model is modified subsequently.
I provided some details about this issue on page  https://wiki.eclipse.org/EMFIncQuery/DeveloperDocumentation/LocalSearch under KnownProblems.

Cheers,
Marci

*this statement is basically true, when the matcher does not use the base index

Back to the top