[incquery-dev] Status report with plugin.xml generation

Hi all,

I have experimented a bit with DOM-based plugin.xml updating for bug 419704. I have some good news and some bad news.

The good one: I have a not-too-well-tested implementation that works, maintains comments, and as far as I have seen, even the order of extensions. Furthermore, its simpler to understand than the previous version and less hacky.

The bad news: the serialization completely ignores the pretty printing (formatting), and puts all extensions into their own row; and I am not entirely sure whether I have done the code correctly, as I have no previous experience with the JAXP XML API (included with recent Java versions).

I would like some help by reviewing the code I have created, especially the new XmlDocumentHelper and PluginXmlModifier classes, as I am not entirely sure everything is right at first try. The created code is available as a Gerrit review: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/26190/

Thanks,
Zoli
-- Zoltán Ujhelyi
https://www.inf.mit.bme.hu/en/members/ujhelyiz