[incquery-dev] QE "attach" feature, bugzilla email storm

Hi,

I have pushed the “attach” Query Explorer feature+refactor (429858) into master, please pull and test.
The “attach” should be the default option for initializing patterns from the EIQ editor. When patterns are attached,
(i) they are refreshed automagically as long as the editor is open (no save necessary). The exact timing of when this happens is prone to some internal Xtext magic, I have observed that a “save” can make it somewhat quicker.
(i) if you attempt to close the editor, the patterns will be removed from the QE (but the instance model will remain there, I have fixed this long standing issue finally).

The old way of loading pattern defs from EIQ files is still there (“load patterns” from the magic green menu), but that will be a “one-time” operation from now as the workspace listener has been deactivated. (eliminating bug 398805).

Please give this as much testing as possible.

——

Sorry for the storm of emails from bugzilla. I have attempted to clear things up a bit in preparation for our 0.8 release. Please do comment on the bugs to help focus our work for the upcoming 2 months even more.

thanks
Istvan

Istvan Rath, PhD
Research Fellow