Re: [imp-dev] [eclipse.org-members-committers] Reminder: Membership Meeting Tomorrow...and this one is important​

Well, as I recall, we also went to github to gain more control (read: a lighter-weight process) over source control repository commits/committers. I'm not sure whether the latest changes affect that. I.e., if eclipse.org still needs to retain control over who gets commit rights, and how community-supplied contributions are vetted, then moving to github still makes sense to me.

On Jun 20, 2013, at 2:04 PM, Jurgen Vinju <jurgen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So we went to github to get social, and now eclipse goes there too. What does this mean for us?

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Subject: [eclipse.org-members-committers] Reminder: Membership Meeting Tomorrow...and this one is important
To: "Eclipse Membership and Committer List" <eclipse.org-members-committers@xxxxxxxxxxx>

All,

This week the Eclipse Foundation has announced two very significant changes. These are important to Eclipse, and are important to all of you who work on or consume Eclipse technology.

1.       The Eclipse Foundation has started using Contributor License Agreements.
blog: http://mmilinkov.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/eclipse-clas-are-live/

2.       The Eclipse Foundation will start to allow its projects to host their day-to-day development on social coding sites such as GitHub and Bitbucket.
blog: http://mmilinkov.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/embracing-social-coding-at-eclipse/
FAQ: http://www.eclipse.org/org/SocialCodingFAQ.php

I will be spending a significant amount of time discussing these topics in our Membership call tomorrow at 11:30am Eastern, 8:30am Pacific, 17:30 CET (with apologies to our European members). Please join the call.

Here is the full agenda:

Eclipse Member Meeting Agenda

The meeting takes place on June 21st at 11:30 EDT via. Google Hangout. Visit http://eclipse.org/membership/meetings/ to view the live stream and participate in the discussion forum.

Executive Director's update - Mike Milinkovich
    Membership update
    Financial update
    Working Group updates
    Evolution of Eclipse and Social Coding

Interesting things for projects - Wayne Beaton
    New projects & proposals
    PMI update
    Kepler simultaneous release update

Introduction to Eclipse Ponte - Matteo Collina

Marketing Update & Member survey - Ian Skerrett
    Community survey results
    Marketing update

Mike Milinkovich

Executive Director