[imp-dev] Making update site a p2 compatible mirror ?

Hi,

Currently it seems there is no p2 metadata generated for the published
imp updatesite.
Any plans on updating the eclipse update site for IMP to include p2
metadata so it can be used in projects that uses Tycho to build ?

I "fixed it" by running this script and use the generated output
instead of the real site but would be awesome you would be publishing
a *real* p2 updatesite.

sh mirror.sh http://download.eclipse.org/technology/imp/updates/

mirror.sh:
ECLIPSE=/Users/max/products/eclipse/indigo
local_site=/Users/max/impmirror
local_update_site=file:/$local_site

echo Mirroring metadata for $1
java -jar $ECLIPSE/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_*.jar
-application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication
-source $1 -destinat\
ion $local_update_site -destinationName "IMP Mirror" -verbose

echo Mirroring artifacts for $1
java -jar $ECLIPSE/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_*.jar
-application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication
-source $1 -destinat\
ion $local_update_site -destinationName "IMP Mirror" -verbose

echo Fixing site to include p2
rm $local_site/artifacts.*
rm $local_site/content.*
java -jar $ECLIPSE/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_*.jar
-application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher
-metadataRepository $\
local_update_site -artifactRepository $local_update_site -source
$local_site -publishArtifacts

Note, even with this fixed there seem to be other broken elements in
the plugins/features but not sure if that is caused by bad version
dependencies or illegal naming - i'll let you know when/if I isolate
that ;)

--
/max
http://about.me/maxandersen