Re: [imp-dev] to GIT?

I *have* researched git enough to conclude that its design has a number of nontrivial advantages over SVN, and I do know that there are quite a few projects out there using it for day-to-day development, so I believe it's solid enough for us.

That said, I've only had minimal experience w/ git on the command line, but none inside the Eclipse context.

Is there a robust git client provided by an eclipse.org project?

If yes, it's certainly possible, but then timing is a bit of an issue for me. I've recently inherited a couple of workspaces from one of my teammates that contains a large patch we've been working on. I'd like to get that incorporated before switching, and that's likely to take a few weeks.

If there isn't an eclipse.org-provided client, I'm a bit hesitant to make people grab the client from another source...

On Apr 8, 2011, at 6:15 AM, Jurgen Vinju wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> Let's migrate IMP to a GIT repository! Would that be feasible for you/us?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jurgen

Cheers,
 - Bob