[imp-dev] Ongoing work on IMP

Hi Everyone,

FYI, I thought I'd drop a quick note to let people know what's on our plate for the next several weeks.

These are the current work items:

 - JavaCC and ANTLR support.

   We have prototypes in place, and have initiated the necessary CQs to distribute the runtimes and the tools themselves. Unfortunately, at the moment, distributing the ANTLR generator itself is not possible, due to IP issues that the ANTLR author (Terence Parr) is working on for the upcoming ANTLR 4.0. As a result, the IDE will not be quite as functional as we'd like, even for the first release. FWIW, though, I've heard that ANTLR 4.0 is due out in a few months.

 - SWTBot testing.

   In case you don't know, SWTBot is an eclipse.org project that provides a very nice framework for testing Eclipse-based UI's. We're working on getting basic automated testing in place for the IMP metatooling and the IMP runtime. We'll give priority to the IMP runtime, since that's generally the most critical to both developers and users of IMP-based IDEs.

--
Cheers,
  -- Bob

IMP Team Lead (http://www.eclipse.org/imp)