[imp-dev] FYI: Imminent change to LPG runtime bundle and IMP dependencies

Hi All,

We've finally renamed the LPG runtime bundle so that its bundle ID matches the name of the plugin project that contains it. (Yay!)

I.e., bundle "lpg.runtime" is now "lpg.runtime.java".

For backward compatibility, and under the advice of others who have gone down this path in the past, we've introduced a "wrapper"/"bridge" bundle with ID "lpg.runtime" that simply re-exports the contents of the "lpg.runtime.java" bundle.

This should prevent existing LPG clients from having to alter their bundle dependencies.

The changes have already been made to the LPG source repository on SourceForge, and to the LPG update site on SourceForge.

Now, to the main purpose of this note:

  => Given that the IMP runtime and meta-tooling depend on the LPG runtime, we will be changing the bundle dependencies of org.eclipse.imp.runtime and other components to refer to the new LPG runtime bundle ("lpg.runtime.java").

In part, this will ease/solve some build issues with certain IMP clients within EMF (specifically MDT/OCL) that requires both the IMP and LPG runtimes, while maintaining backward compatibility with existing clients.

So:

 - I'm about to commit the necessary IMP changes to the IMP SVN repository.
 - Those changes will appear in the next release of IMP on the IMP update site (due out fairly soon).
 - Likewise, the new LPG features/bundles will be published on the IMP update site at the same time.

--
Cheers,
  - Bob

IMP Project Lead (http://www.eclipse.org/imp)