Re: [imp-dev] Eclipse org.eclipse.core.runtime issue

[N.B.: As a general rule, I don't use imports of the form "foo.*", but instead import only the classes I actually use, unless the number of imports gets past 20 or so (which is a configurable option in the JDT).]

I haven't seen this problem ("indirectly referenced from required .class files") with this particular class.

FWIW, as a very quick sanity check, in Eclipse 3.5, I created a plugin project with the following dependencies:

 - org.eclipse.core.runtime
 - org.eclipse.core.resources
 - org.eclipse.jdt.core

Note that it doesn't have a dependency on org.eclipse.core.jobs.

I then added the following method to its Activator class. I show the imports below, which essentially match what you described.

import org.eclipse.core.resources.IProject;
import org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin;
import org.eclipse.core.runtime.*;
import org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject;
import org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore;

public class Activator extends Plugin {
    // ...

    public void foo() {
        IProject proj= ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace().getRoot().getProjects()[0];
        IJavaProject javaProj= JavaCore.create(proj);
    }
    // ...
}

I get no compilation/build errors with this code.

Are you sure the problem isn't caused by some other code in the given class?