[imp-dev] FYI: IMP SVN repository has been reorganized to "standard" structure

Hi Folks,

While warming up for the next release, I finally got around to reorganizing the IMP SVN repository. The new organization should make the most common case (checking out HEAD of a set of projects on the trunk) much simpler, and aligns the repository with the conventional structure used by other projects.

I believe you should be able to continue to use your existing workspaces, but it might be sensible to start fresh to avoid confusion.

So, instead of:

    svnroot/technology/org.eclipse.imp
        plugin1
             branches
             tags
             trunk
        plugin2
             branches
             tags
             trunk

the repository now looks like this:

    svnroot/technology/org.eclipse.imp
        branches
            branch1             - most of these were IMP-wide branches (e.g. "Eclipse-3_2")
                plugin1
                plugin2
            branch2
                plugin1
                plugin2
        tags
            OLD
                plugin1
                    tag1        - these were all per-plugin release tags (e.g. "release-0.1.1")
                    tag2
                plugin2
                    tag1
                    tag2
        trunk
            plugin1             - all of these are now adjacent (yay!)
            plugin2

N.B.: The organization of the "tags" folder above reflects the fact that the all of the existing tags were per-plugin, rather than per-feature or IMP-wide. In other words, it didn't make sense to group the 0.1.1's (for instance) together by putting the 0.1.1 at the top level of the "tags" folder.

We now need to decide how to tag the projects on new releases.

I'm leaning toward tagging all of a feature's plugin projects with the feature's version number.

Comments?

Cheers,
 - Bob

Back to the top