Re: [imp-dev] Use of org.eclipse.zest in pdb.ui

Hi Bob,

Well, Zest depends on draw2d which is a part of GEF, and the
DirectedGraphLayout algorithm, which is also used by GraphViz' dot
tool, is a part of draw2d.
I consider this a superior alternative to having a dependency on
graphviz commandline tools, or to implementing the layout algorithm
again ourselves.
I have also understood from the authors of Zest that pieces of it are
sometimes moved to draw2d if deemed necessary.

We could factor uit the graph dependent code to a new project called
pdb.ui.graph. On the other hand, I'm not sure that would
help since the graph drawing is what is most useful anyway.

Cheers,

Jurgen