Re: [imp-dev] IMP runtime feature depends on LPG feature?

The dependency is due to a few LPG-specific classes designed for
LPG-based scanners/parsers. E.g., SimpleLPGParseController,
ILexer, IParser, MessageHandlerAdapter, and AstLocator. There's
also the deprecated OutlinerBase, which uses LPG-specific API to
compare the token streams of two subsequent source states to
determine whether an outline update is needed.

Unfortunately OutlinerBase, while deprecated, is still being used
by several (possibly inactive) outline implementations. It will
probably take a small amount of work to update to use the newer
TreeModelBuilder interface.

I think ILexer and IParser are also irrelevant now. At one point we
thought that we might generalize the ILexer and IParser interfaces
to handle arbitrary parsers/scanners, but ultimately decided that
it wasn't necessary to expose the lexer and parser directly.

MessageHandlerAdapter and AstLocator are still useful.

At any rate, all of these classes could be moved to a separate
plugin, and probably should be, at some point.

Is there a specific problem that the LPG dependency causes for you?