[imp-dev] createPartControl() needs refactoring and IMP services need to be added to ServiceFactory.

Hi guys,

We need to split up createPartControl() in UniversalEditor into
smaller methods, and remove all superfluous comments.
It's very hard to understand what's going on in this method, it only
works by assuming that groups of
statements marked by // comments or grouped in a { } block have no
effect on other parts of the method.
[this goes for more methods in the UE, but this one is very big].

Anyway, I propose to extractMethod in the following way:
  - find groups of statements marked by { } or //
  - use 'extract method' on these groups.
  - until the whole method contains only method calls.

I could do it in some spare time if you like.

Another thing I noticed is that the new editor services are not using
the ServiceFactory. All IMP services should
be retrieved using the ServiceFactory interface, such that their
implementation does not necessarily have to come
from extension points in the future). Can you adapt this Stan?

Cheers,

Jurgen

Back to the top