[ide4edu-dev] Discouraged Access

Hi,

Peter Lorimer and I were working on the assignment view which use the cheatsheet classes. I was intriged to see a lot of warning that say :
"Discouraged access : The type ### is not accessible due to restriction on required library ###.jar"

So, I red the page http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-API-Use/index.html who gives some information about what we can use and what we should never use if we want our program to work on the next version of Eclipse. I want to draw your attention to the part that say :

"org.eclipse.foo.internal.* - not API; internal implementation packages"

So, are we supposed to fallow that rule? If I can't use "internal" classes, I don't see how can I can use/extends the cheatsheet classes...

Thanks.

Back to the top