[ide-dev] FYI: An interesting note on Eclipse vs. IntelliJ ...

Hi fellow PMC & IDE list,

I found the below notes interesting, related to

-          Eclipse project/build system is hard to repair if it breaks

-          IntelliJ unstable API sucks for extenders

Read the full thread if you are interested.

It might make sense asking the submitter some questions about “confused complex projects” to improve on that end … maybe recommending AERI to him would also provide some insight. The google group should be open for submissions.

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6