Re: [ide-dev] Java IDEs comparison

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 7:22 AM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/22/2016 11:12 PM, Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
Frankly, I actually do not understand why removing them is a solution. That's probably because I'm missing some context about the problem. Have you more data to back up that argument or are you guessing it based on your own personal experience?
My comment is based on multiple posts and comments we can read here and there from IDEs users finding points to criticize in Eclipse IDE. The concept workspace is a frequent one - not because it's bad but rather because people misunderstand or misuse it.
I'm not saying we should remove them, and actually I would rather them to stay forever; but rather find way to drive people to other (better) practices. In my daily work, except when using PDE target-platforms for which switching takes ages, I do not see the benefit of having multiple workspaces. What other limitations do you have in mind? Does anyone know what drive users to use multiple workspaces nowadays?

If projects need different PDE target platforms which are bound to workspace.

-Matthias

Back to the top