Re: [ide-dev] Java IDEs comparison

On 09/22/2016 09:51 PM, Sopot Cela wrote:
I do realize that there are issues and we have quite some challenges in the IDE market but let's not become too melodramatic over a fatalistic guy whose last 20 blog posts are mostly about something dying :

- The Fall of Eclipse -  September 13th 2016
- Why Vesper really failed -  August 24th 2016
- Why IGN is dying -  July 6th 2016
- GitHub is eating Jira -  June 27th 2016
- Facebook's News Feed is dying -  May 23rd 2016
- Scala is not dead, but... -  March 10th 2016 (<- notice the pure click-bait style..)
- SourceTree: Atlassian's most epic engineering fail - February 17th 2016

It's easier to get popularity on social media by criticizing the establishment that by actually contributing original ideas, since it's easier to criticize the establishment that to create original ideas. If one wants to write a blog post per month and has no interesting things to share, it's the easy way.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top