Re: [ide-dev] A Java Profiler at Eclipse

I share similar opinions to Mickael.
- Rewriting seems to be a big undertake.
    - Can we use SWT/AWT bridge to embed?
    - Can we use the TPTP UI and use their backend?
    - Do we need the complete UI in which case we could limit ourselves to a couple views/dialogs

I also thought about JMC. I would not go and try the OSS route with Oracle, this could be too long. Instead when Eclipse is running on a VM that ships with JMC, and since JMC is an RCP app, we could identify the necessary plug-ins and directly load them into Eclipse.
Of course this does not help the OpenJDK users but it gets us somewhere using a supported code base.

Pascal