[ide-dev] A Java Profiler at Eclipse

Just throwing an idea that came up recently from a discussion with Mike M.

NetBeans has a very decent Java profiler [1][2]. It would great if we could leverage their move to Apache [3] to pull this profiler into Eclipse. NetBeans re-licensing to the current Apache License [4] makes it feasible, and I'm confident there is no technical issue that can't be fixed.

Do you think it could be a good opportunity for Eclipse? Would you be interested in having a look at the feasibility of that?

Cheers,
Mikael

[1] https://profiler.netbeans.org
[2] https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/java/profiler-intro.html