Re: [ide-dev] [ui-best-practices-working-group] Blog Comments

On 09/19/2016 05:00 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
In fact, people point at e4 being the end. I can make a plausible argument that RCP was really the end ;).
I can't tell for others, but I started to work on Eclipse because of RCP. If there wasn't RCP, we'd probably have done Swing or Web-based apps back then, not even considering the Eclipse ecosystem. So overall, it seems to me that without RCP, there would have been no ecosystem, then no contributing community, then nothing.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top