Re: [ide-dev] e4 debate

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Fabio Zadrozny <fabiofz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Right now, this is close to impossible because I don't think any SWT committer cares about a dark theme and it requires a change in thinking that's really old in SWT, which was conceived as a thin wrapper over what the OS provides... I may still try to provide a patch for that, but I know I have to prepared for it to not be accepted (which means I'll be just wasting time here, which is one of the reasons I keep postponing this).

Fabio, why not joining into the SWT team? I think this "they" vrs "me/us" is the wrong approach. The precondition for joining a project is showing technical expertise and the ability to work in the team, which is typical done via code contributions and contributing in Gerrit reviews.

If you want to follow this path, I suggest you create and push your SWT patches up for review.  Maybe you also announce on the SWT dev list, that you are interested in working on the SWT styling capabilities.

Best regards, Lars

Back to the top