Re: [ide-dev] concrete action item - menu contribution

I think people are generally well intended, so let's hope for the best.
But as Patrick was suggesting, I think coming up with a number of best practices and IMO more importantly code snippets will go a long way of showing people what to do. I think this is especially true for the command fwk which is extremely powerful, and can unfortunately be easily misused.

Pascal

On 9/14/2016 11:37 AM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
I doubt you¹d find someone who disagrees. Question, what can we do if the
third party isn¹t responsive? Is there a mechanism we can put in place
that we can use to filter stray menu contributions?

On 2016-09-14, 11:32 AM, "ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Pascal
Rapicault" <ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

STOP SHITTING IN MY CONTEXT MENU!!!!

Sure Eclipse is all about integration but we often found ourselves with
ridiculous menu entries because one is not carefully selecting where its
menu entries should be placed.

In the attached screenshot, I'm adding a new context menu to the EGerrit
dashboard to find my menu polluted with not 1, not 2 but *3* random
entries from Team and PDE projects. Come on guys, you can do better.

And you know what, here I just have the Eclipse SDK, EGerrit and Egit
installed. Imagine a user who has everythign installed.

I think this sort of things make us look bad, could we agree to fix this?

Pascal