Re: [ide-dev] Java IDEs comparison

On 09/12/2016 03:08 PM, Antoine THOMAS wrote:
About design and consistency, would it make sense to adopt a solution like Wireframeskatcher?
I use it at the moment to do mockups for webservices, using the bootstrap elements library and some icons packages.
I am quite sure it is possible to create templates for Eclipse design (platform, plugins, ...). Mockups and a good documentation would help developers to adopt good practices.
We've had things such as WindowBuilder for a while, which are doing a pretty good job at designing pieces of UI with clicks; and it didn't change anything.
It's not a matter of tool, but more a matter of culture and education of developers regarding UX and ergonomics.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top