Re: [ide-dev] Java IDEs comparison

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/10/2016 12:04 AM, Michael Scharf wrote:
OOPS, so, why does it not show the nice icon used in the
installer in my taskbar
Can you please report it as an enhancement request against EPP? That's an interesting debate IMO, so it's something that requires some structured tracking.
Eclipse IDE often aims at being a single IDE that does everything (a polyglot IDE let's say), whereas JetBrains require you to have 2 different IDEs for 2 different languages. Not sure which one is better. Let's continue this on a bug.
OK, never mind. Let's create and open a JS project. Huh,
no code completion or navigation support.
Navigation is known to be missing ATM (because JSDT was in a too bad state to provide it together with support for ES6 with the amount of resources it receives), completion should work. if not already done, please open a bug for that.
[wrong test alignment]

wrong text alignment on Mac is reported here
[Insanely small fonts]
If not already done, please open bugs for those.

Hm, oh, what to choose here??? Sorry, that's the point where I give
up. I don't think I have time now to try 6 different solution for
TypeScript to make a decision which one to use...
IIRC, the JSDT projects aims at providing some support for TypeScript out-of-the-box ASAP (which unfortunately doesn't necessary mean soon). Then users won't have to struggle with choosing another plugin.
Don't get me wrong! I love eclipse and I really wish I could
use eclipse for my daily work, but installing a production environment
and setting things up for multiple languages is soo painful. I
simply don't have the time for doing this and I happily
spend 389 Euro/Year for all JetBrain products.... (I would
spend that or more an an eclipse based solution if it would be
available....)
I believe for JS, there are some Eclipse-based solutions that are cheaper, did you try them?

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat