Re: [ide-dev] Dropping the release names (Neon, Oxygen) from user downloads

On 29 April 2016 at 15:20, Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The June release has to be significantly named. It is the only release per year that allows major version changes to plug-ins. We need to make that clear to the community. As such, we can't use the month.

"to the community" ? Erm, you only have to make that clear to the plugin-developer community. Not to the Eclipse user community in general, they obviously are not following or interested in Eclipse internals like API changes.

Back to the top