Re: [ide-dev] Experiment

On 04/07/2016 06:25 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:

You know you can push a Gerrit review to EPP package to improve that page, right?

I'm neither a marketing guy or a web designer and have no idea how to make it right. Don't let engineers be your marketing people.
Sounds to me just like an excuse to not even try improving things.
Marketing people are not the only one who are able to consider interaction with the users. Here we're not speaking about marketing for that page, but about pure user-experience: accessibility, interactions, guidance... Being able to produce good interaction and guiding users is a skill that is expected from a UI developer, although it's not necessarily easy for them.

We all have the skills to improve that page, even without being trained to marketing. Maybe it won't be perfect but it can easily be better. The process is a regular Eclipse contribution process.
All that said, I see no external reason why you (or anyone else) shouldn't improve that page. It's totally fine if you're not personally motivated about making this change, but I don't think the whole model is to blame for that.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top