Re: [ide-dev] Project News Notifications in Eclipse?

On 12/02/2015 9:30 AM, Mickael Istria wrote:

I agree 100% but shouldn't we at least try to make sure we are using what we have today? If we create a new shiny channel, it is not clear we will actually use it.
I didn't have in mind to create another channel with dedicated content/governance and so on, but more to make usual channels (Foundation news, project news, PlanetEclipse and others) visible inside the IDE through RSS.
As you said this already exists for the Foundation news, it seems to be mainly a matter of rethinking where and when user would like to see such news. What about showing those news as notifications just like Facebook or Google+ do with some red icon when there is new content to read? It seems to be a good compromise between high visibility and low intrusion.

Excellent. I am all for getting the Foundation news feed included in as many places as possible.  :-)

Back to the top