Re: [ide-dev] Some Infos About Oomph

Am 28.01.2015 um 11:03 schrieb Mickael Istria:
Another question then (I'm really going deeper in my understanding of Oomph, so sorry if those question seem too basic).
The strategy of Oomph is recording a sequence of changes (preference, installation...). However, I'm wondering in the case of bootstrapping or customizing an application, whereas this sequence is actually useful. What does it provide over only polling the "current" state and recomputing the profile from scratch? Instead of recording, we can imagine an "Export profile" action that would ask p2 which IUs have been installed, export the main preferences, export the existing SCM repositories definition... Is history of installation really important, or does only the result/snapshot count?
I tend to believe that only the snapshot counts, and that instead of a recorder, a "simple" crawler would be satisfying.
Personally I would never want to miss the automatic recording of my changes anymore. But I image we can make this all more flexible. This should be discussed on separate bugzillas then.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de