Re: [ide-dev] "Improved" settings for Eclipse - Creating a testground

I will try it out. Is it valid for Juno?

Cheers,

Wim

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As a test ground I created saneclipse for "improved" settings in the Eclipse IDE: http://blog.vogella.com/2014/12/04/introducing-the-saneclipse-project/

"Improved" in quotation marks as these settings are typically controversial. For example I reduced the code completion time in JDT because several of my customers complained about the slow responsiveness in JDT compared to IntelliJ (which has no delay in code completion while we have 200ms).

The idea behind this project is to try out certain things without a huge risk for Eclipse and in case some of them work out well, we might want to try to change the setting in the Eclipse preferences.

Best regards, Lars
--
Geschäftsführer

vogella GmbH