Re: [ide-dev] Yet another article advising to leave Eclispe

On 10/16/2014 11:03 AM, Marcel Bruch wrote:
1. EF decided not to collect stack traces that stem from arbitrary external plugins for privacy reasons.
Thus I only filter for IStatus object (error messages) whose pluginId starts with org.eclipse.*.
2. I get the information about STS b/c some users disable the "anonymize stack traceā€œ option or because I track which plugins are on the execution stack.
3. We do not generally collect error messages from 3rd party plugins.
Thanks.
I believe now that we have reached a point of the discussion when we all agree that it seems impossible for users to make a difference between Eclipse and 3rd-party plugin, there is probably a room to open a bit more the thing to 3rd-party. I believe it would be good to also collect stacks and error from 3rd-party plugins, and show them in a different, may be private if necessary, report.
WDYT?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat