Re: [ide-dev] Inconsistent Eclipse user experience

Am 09.03.2014 um 17:06 schrieb Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Well it feels like something that could be a very useful service for the community and ecosystem.

Yes. I wonder whether you are interested in the (preference sharing) service itself or in obtaining the data to learn something about your users and guide them how to fix some of their issues.

But it also looks like a significant undertaking.

It depends on how much/what you want to offer to your users. But yes, it’s likely more than a hobbyist project and offering such a service as the Foundation would be a commitment similar to maintaining Bugzilla, Gerrit, or Hudson services at eclipse.org. But maybe you had something smaller in mind?

Could we plan on talking about this with all interested parties at EclipseCon?

Sure.
I’m around until Thursday early evening.

Marcel

Back to the top