[ice-dev] New logging service

Everyone,

I just pushed some changes to master that removed all of the uses of System.out, System.err, printStacktrace() and getMessage() that I could find and justify. Instead, these have been replaced with an SLF4J logging service that automatically reports and logs the errors in the workbench's Error Log View.

I have created a wiki article that details how you should do this in your code:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Logging

To be completely clear, the information on that wiki page is now our *Official* policy on logging information. I expect everyone to use the logger starting immediately. Please merge these changes into your branches as soon as possible.

This erased sixteen days from our technical debt, or a little over 10%.

Jay

--
Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory