Re: [ice-dev] Issue with egit bundle

Andrew,

I have not encountered this. I'll give it a try after lunch and let you know if I do.

Jay

On May 7, 2015 9:52 PM, "Bennett, Andrew R." <bennettar@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey everyone,

Today I was looking into an Oomph installer for ICE and had several major issues that culminated in me having to purge my Eclipse install.  Now I am having some issues that I haven't seen before with building ICE.  When I try to build I am having an issue with org.eclipse.ice.client.widgets.moose saying that it can't find org.eclipse.egit.github.core.  As far as I can tell I have the latest versions of all of the required Eclipse plugins, and have reset the target and run `mvn -N install` successfully.  Does anyone have any advice for this situation?

Andrew

The exact error is as follows (after running `mvn install`):

[INFO] Resolving class path of MavenProject: ICE:org.eclipse.ice.client.widgets:2.0.0 @ /home/bzq/ice-dev/ice/src/org.eclipse.ice.client.widgets/pom.xml
[INFO] Computing target platform for MavenProject: ICE:org.eclipse.ice.client.widgets.moose:2.0.0 @ /home/bzq/ice-dev/ice/src/org.eclipse.ice.client.widgets.moose/pom.xml
[INFO] Resolving dependencies of MavenProject: ICE:org.eclipse.ice.client.widgets.moose:2.0.0 @ /home/bzq/ice-dev/ice/src/org.eclipse.ice.client.widgets.moose/pom.xml
[INFO] Cannot complete the request.  Generating details.
[INFO] Cannot complete the request.  Generating details.
[INFO] {osgi.ws=gtk, osgi.os=linux, osgi.arch=x86, org.eclipse.update.install.features=true}
[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR]   Software being installed: org.eclipse.ice.client.widgets.moose 2.0.0
[ERROR]   Missing requirement: org.eclipse.ice.client.widgets.moose 2.0.0 requires 'bundle org.eclipse.egit.github.core 3.2.0' but it could not be found
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: "No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.": ["Unable to satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.ice.client.widgets.moose 2.0.0 to bundle org.eclipse.egit.github.core 3.2.0.", "No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable."] -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: "No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.": ["Unable to satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.ice.client.widgets.moose 2.0.0 to bundle org.eclipse.egit.github.core 3.2.0.", "No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable."]
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:167)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: "No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.": ["Unable to satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.ice.client.widgets.moose 2.0.0 to bundle org.eclipse.egit.github.core 3.2.0.", "No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable."]
        at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.AbstractResolutionStrategy.newResolutionException(AbstractResolutionStrategy.java:98)