[ice-dev] Fwd: RE: HDF distribution

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: RE: HDF distribution
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 16:30:10 -0500
From: Wojtowicz, Anna <wojtowicza@xxxxxxxx>
To: Billings, Jay Jay <billingsjj@xxxxxxxx>

I’m waiting to hear back to confirm, but I’m pretty sure the gist of it is that we can’t exclude unnecessary embedded dependencies (netcdf, fits, slf4-*, etc.) from the CQ if we are the not the ones distributing the dependency in question.

If we distribute HDF-Java but still leave it to the user to install native HDF5, that might be okay. The prebuilt HDF5 has 2 embedded dependencies, but I think submitting CQs for them should be fairly straight forward as they don’t seem to have any further dependencies.

I’ll let you know when I hear back if this is the case for certain.

Anna