[iam-dev] Progress in adding Support for the Galileo Release

I have managed to assemble a target platform for the upcoming Eclipse Galileo Release (which is not so simple on a mac... but it is done).

We have two main problems:

1) API Changes in EMF Compare. Affects DIffUtils in the iam builder.
This is not very important since the new release does not depend on an specific version of Eclipse artifacts (I have not tried but it should work on 3.4.x). The only "problem" would be to provide the newer version to users installing from the Ganymede update site (we might distribute EMF ourselves).

2) API Changes in Buckminster. Have not looked at this in detail, but the IVersionType is causing a build error, and MaterializationJob.run() has lost an argument.
Buckminster is an optional component and I am not sure how many people (if any) are using it. Maybe we could just stop supporting 3.4 for this feature.

Any opinions?
--
Abel Muiño

Back to the top