[iam-dev] Full IP review for q4e codebase

The code moved from q4e to iam has completed full ip review a few minutes ago.

This means that it is safe for consumers to use, and also that we can start going towards a 1.0 release (ip of 3rd party code is still pending).

Just to keep everybody in the loop, the embedder still has ip issues and I'm talking with the PMC about considering it an exempt-prereq (i.e. the embedder must be installed from outside eclipse). Also, m2eclipse and the new versio nof the embedder might go through ip review in 6 weeks and, at that point, I *think* that we could leverage each other project contributions.

If my understanding of eclipse IP is right, m2eclipse can safely use iam code -we have passed full ip review- but we can not use theirs so safely -their code will have only preliminary review for a while-.
I don't see a problem in asking for preliminary review (other than no 1.0 release could be published until full review is completed)

--
Abel Muiño - http://ramblingabout.wordpress.com/

Back to the top