[iam-dev] Inquiry regarding project error behaviors and some other stuff

I have an inquiry regarding the proper thing to do when we have project on errors:

- If a maven project is in error because of the lack of some dependencies, do we still execute
process-resources and process-test-resources on it? For now, we do. If getting a maven project with
resolveTransitively set to true results to an exception( unresolved dependencies ), does it automatically
mean that executing process-resources and process-test-resources on it would also fail?

Now, for some stuff I found out:

- I found out MavenExecutionStatus is handling exceptions, which will lead to that exception being handled
redundantly. First, by MavenExecutionStatus, and second, by the code that initiated its call in the first place
( e.g MavenProjectManager ).

Thoughts?

I'm experimenting now on putting error flags on maven projects in the project cache so we don't waste
processor cycles executing other maven calls on it.

Any thoughts as to where to clear this error flag? when the pom is edited?

--
Cheers,

Erle Czar Mantos
Software Engineer | Exist Global | 412-1155 | Skype: emantos | www.exist.com | Innovation Delivered