Re: [iam-dev] Replacing RepositoryIndexerManager with SearchService

The search as you type functionality can work, if there is a quiet period after a keystroke before a search is performed.

Another way to say it.  As you type, each stroke of the keyboard (letters, numers, punctuation, whitespace, even arrows, backspace, and selection stuff) there is a countdown timer of ~750ms, which is reset for each keystroke.  When the timer expires, then kick off the search.

This approach is what is used on many "live search" widgets online.  As a way to reduce the number of searches, etc...

Aside: The P2 update manager needs this functionality as well.

- Joakim