Re: [iam-dev] Advice on how to request pre-req dependency for the Maven Embedder

My understanding from the public conversations in the past days is that a "gold version" is whatever that we (IAM) will ship for the 1.0 release.

Advice from the ip team in november (private e-mail) was a bit different:

Regarding the last point of delaying the submission of CQs for Maven components (29 source/binary dependencies),  we typically do not review alpha or beta code unless there are extenuating circumstances involved which are dealt with on a case by case basis.  However, if any of the components are in RC stages, we would recommend that you enter the CQs now as the NonEpl due diligence queue is quite long.  For third party code where a full release is imminent, you can enter the CQ now with the latest version and update the CQ when the code is fully released as long as the CQ has not yet been reviewed – this will ensure you are in the queue.

Anyway, since the embedder is entering the RC stage (with alpha-1), I think it is the right time for submitting the CQs, and valid whatever the interpretation of "Gold version" is.

We can update the code attached to CQs while we are waiting for full review if we need to.

My suggestion would be to finish the work on repackaging the embedder that's currently going on and update it with alpha-1. Then submit CQs for all the jars involved and move it all to eclipse upon preliminary IP approval (which is usually quite fast).

Opinions?