[iam-dev] Briefing on Eclipse IP policy and procedures

Dear IAM Mentors,

Due to recent confusion regarding the IP process, the Technology PMC has suggested us to contact you for a review of the IP process.

This is the list of documents that we have shared with the IAM team so far.

IP Poster:
  http://www.eclipse.org/legal/EclipseLegalProcessPoster.pdf
Committer Guidelines:
  http://www.eclipse.org/legal/committerguidelines.php
The three Laws of Eclipse:
  http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/three-laws-of-eclipse.php
Third Party:
  http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/Eclipse_Policy_and_Procedure_for_3rd_Party_Dependencies_Final.pdf

We also developed our own brief guide for processing patch submissions through bugzila:
  http://wiki.eclipse.org/IAM_Contributions

I would say that the team has all the required information, but maybe the mentors can provide a summary of the process so the committers can ask additional questions on topics that might not be fully understood.

Thanks!

Abel Muiño

Back to the top