[iam-dev] SVN properties.

I just stumbled into some bad SVN properties for a few java files in the wtp.core project.

So I thought I'd be nice and fix them.

However, I decided to see if the problem exists elsewhere in IAM and just fix them there too.
But this produced a large potential commit.  Which I have not committed.

Example of bad properties.

[joakim@monolith trunk]$ svn proplist -v https://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/technology/org.eclipse.iam/trunk/plugins/maven/jdt/core/src/main/java/org/eclipse/iam/jdt/core/MavenClasspathHelper.java
Properties on 'https://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/technology/org.eclipse.iam/trunk/plugins/maven/jdt/core/src/main/java/org/eclipse/iam/jdt/core/MavenClasspathHelper.java':
  svn:keywords : "Author Date Id Revision"
  svn:mergeinfo :
  svn:eol-style : native

Example of cleaned up properties.  (note, the quotes around Author Date Id Revision are not valid)

[joakim@monolith trunk]$ svn proplist -v plugins/maven/jdt/core/src/main/java/org/eclipse/iam/jdt/core/MavenClasspathHelper.java
Properties on 'plugins/maven/jdt/core/src/main/java/org/eclipse/iam/jdt/core/MavenClasspathHelper.java':
  svn:mime-type : text/plain
  svn:keywords : Author Date Id Revision
  svn:mergeinfo :
  svn:eol-style : native

There are many more files that don't even have their svn:eol-style, and I just checked the java source files.

When I check the total number of changes i see ...

[joakim@monolith trunk]$ svn status | grep -E "^.M" | wc -l
628

Which is 628 files with svn property modifications, and ...

[joakim@monolith trunk]$ svn status | grep -E "^MM" | wc -l
310

310 files with file modifications (that arise from specifying an svn:eol-style that causes the file to be updated for unix line endings on my system)

I can make this change, but I would rather get the conversation going about this first.
I also created a bug ( http://tinyurl.com/IAM-bugs ) at https://bugs.eclipse.org/257444

- Joakim

Back to the top