[iam-dev] Using keywords in bugzilla

Hi al!

I've updated the IAM front page in the wiki (http://wiki.eclipse.org/IAM) with links to get new contributors started.

These links include a couple of bugzilla queries which make use of keywords, so I documented them (http://wiki.eclipse.org/IAM_Bugzilla) and I'm also sharing the info on the list:
  • bugday: use this tag on any ticket that is simple enough for a non-committer to work on. Entries marked *bugday* are usually separated from IAM internals or are small in scope.
  • helpwanted: if there is something that will be useful but the committers do not have the time for doing it right away, or requires knowledge from outside IAM, flag it with the helpwanted keyword.
So, if you notice any bug that falls into one of these categories, just add the right keyword and it should show up in the queries.

Remember that one of the criteria for graduating from incubation is community involvement, so we must do all we can to make it easy being part of IAM.

BTW: the wiki is completely open, you (committers and non committers) can enhance it and add new pages as needed. Just add the IAM category to any new page by including the line: [[Category:IAM]]

--
Abel Muiño - http://ramblingabout.wordpress.com/

Back to the top