Re: [iam-dev] Re: [q4e-dev] Renaming packages and plug-ins

Thank you for the comprehensive explanation and the encouragements :).

Abel Muiño wrote:
My view on this is that we, as committers have the responsabilities of:
1- Clear up your commit queue asap. The transaction period should not last much longer. If you're depending on the q4e package structure, it can change anytime. 2- Help in cleaning up after the move and make IAM conform to eclipse standards and conventions
  3- Make trunk compile successfully (and keep it that way)

Please don't be afraid of fixing errors, no matter what/who caused them.

So, Allan:
  - You can commit (you are a committer :-) )
- If you have patches based on the q4e layout, commit them as soon as possible (before someone else renames the packages). - If you need to start new work on something that has not been renamed, rename it first.
  - If the code is not building, help in fixing the problems
- and... once everything is stable again, do not introduce code that breaks the builds.

I think this has been said a couple of times, but I want to stress it once again: Q4E has been moved to Eclipse IAM. There are no restrictions to committers anymore.

Yours,