[hyades-dev] TPTP (aka Hyades) 3.3 and 4.0 Plan Finalization

Folks,

For the last couple of months, our TPTP Requirements, Architecture, and Planning Groups have been defining plans for the TPTP 3.3 and 4.0 releases for which we are nearing completion.

You can find the targeted list of enhancements for each of these releases on our website:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextools.cgi/~checkout~/hyades-home/docs/unapproveddrafts/project%20info/plans/3+/TPTPFeatures.html (click on 3.3 and 4.0 tabs for respective list of targeted enhancements).

“In Plan” = “Committed” indicates the enhancement is included in the respective plan.  “Priority” = “P1” and “In Plan” = “Pending” will be resolved prior to finalizing the plan.  “Priority” = “P2” or “P3” and “In Plan” = “Pending” generally means that one should not assume that these requests will be addressed in the plan.

Our next steps toward finalizing these plans are as follows:

-          Requirements Group: Finalize another update to our 2005 TPTP Themes.

-          Requirements Group: Finalize assignment of 3.3 / 4.0 enhancement requests to TPTP Themes.

-          Requirements Group: Confirm whether any further 3.3 requirements can be moved to 4.0.

-          Architecture Group: Finalize any remaining / questionable enhancement effort sizings.

-          Architecture Group: Finalize mapping of enhancement implementation to plan iteration cycles.

Our plan to the finalize the TPTP 3.3 and 4.0 plans includes completion of the above steps by Thursday, December 16, followed by Planning Group approval Friday, December 17, and announcement at the Committer Call Monday, December 20.

(!) Change from tentative roadmap: We had previously tentatively targeted the TPTP 3.3 release for March 2005, however in our current plan proposal, we have deferred this release to June 2005.  Why you ask would we target a simultaneous TPTP 3.3 and a 4.0 for June 2004?  First, some clarifications: TPTP 3.3 and 4.0 will be respectively based on the Eclipse Platform 3.0 and 3.1 (the TPTP 4.0 feature set will be inclusive of the TPTP 3.3 feature set, however the TPTP 3.3 feature set will be minimized to support only those consumers that cannot move to Eclipse Platform 3.1 in that timeframe).  Our TPTP 3.0 release is required because some consumers require some TPTP enhancements which we cannot complete until June 2005, but they cannot move to the Eclipse Platform 3.1 (i.e., they cannot just use TPTP 4.0).  At the same time, other consumers need a different set of TPTP enhancements and Eclipse Platform 3.1 support, and the June time constraint.

We welcome your feedback on these proposed plans.

Thanks to Mike Norman and the entire TPTP Requirements Group for gathering/targeting community enhancement requests, Harm Sluiman and the entire Architecture Group for evaluating and sizing the requests, and the Planning Group for working through resource allocation and constraints as needed to define these plans.  Also, thanks in advance for your feedback on the plans.

--tyler

Back to the top