[hyades-dev] Minutes of TPTP Coordination Meeting November 23, 2004

Minutes of TPTP Coordination Meeting November 23, 2004

1) Attendance

Attending:

Tyler Thessin, Intel

Don Ebright, Compuware

Harm Sluiman, IBM

Melanie Woods, Scapa

Serge Lucio, IBM

Not Attending:

Mike Norman, Scapa

George Din, FOKUS

Gian Franco Bonini, SAP

Sri Doddapaneni, Intel

Jim Saliba, CA

Ling Yao, Intel

Current Plan:

Release 3.0.1 is done.  3.0.2 is on track for freeze in mid-January and will GA in mid February along with all the other project's fix releases.

Re 3.2, we are looking to move some features out of I2 (specifics TBD).  Some defects have been correctly re-categorized as enhancements and moved to RG for consideration.  3.2 may still be a bit aggressive – so far have completed about 30 and 100 of the 40 and 160 targeted enhancements and defects respectively).

It is confirmed that Richard Duggan is planning to move to a new job in Dec.  He’ll be replaced by Hendra Suwanda.

Marketing Group:

Communications activities are the focus, leading up to EclipseCon.  Progress to-date: 2 presentations and 3 tutorials accepted.  No poster sessions submitted for TPTP – possibly one coming from SAP.  Ling proposed Architecture.  Harm suggested we could convert rejected 6 tutorials into poster sessions.

Additionally, we should also consider turning some of the EclipseCon topics into article submissions.

ACTION: Harm to suggest possible poster sessions from rejected tutorials.

Project Restructuring:

Harm will diff current CVS write access list vs. proposed Committer list to ensure no disconnect when we institute new Committer list.  We also confirmed that we will proceed with one newsgroup (vs. per sub-project) until partitioning warranted.  We’ll try to establish new mailing lists / newgroups asap rather than wait for 3.2 to complete (although it may take that long anyway).

Requirements Group:

RG confirmed targets/prioritizations for about 30% of new requirements (round 2).  Remainder to be covered Nov 24.  Also incorporated re-targeting/re-prioritizing some of the prior list (round 1).  Hoping to complete the full list (round 2) next week.

Architecture Group:

Completed sizings for about 50-75% of the requirements specified in RG round 1 list – expect to complete in another day or two.  Will start next iteration on round 2 next week.

Planning Group:

Expecting to conduct a PG review of RG/AG output next week to have at least a rough plan for review at the F2F the following week.

Next Planning Group meeting: Tuesday, 30th November 2004,

5pm CET / 4pm BST / 11am EST / 8am PST

Sri to chair (Tyler traveling)

Next F2F: Mon-Wed, 6-8 December, Lexington, MA

Back to the top